Friday, 20 August 2010

New Lens for my Canon 5D and Pentax K-7

I always had love towards Bokeh. Its a big pleasure to watch portraits with great and creamy bokeh, especially if its strobist photo. If you wonder what is Strobist Bokehistan, look at photo of Dustin Diaz and you will understand what I mean.
In order to obtain such a bokeh, you need to use fast prime or fast zoom lenses. For instance, lenses with 150 or more mm with f 2.8 or less. Also I would like to point that photo of Dustin Diaz is taken with Nikon D700 and Nikkor 200mm f2.0 G lens.
Right now I have some lenses but none of them will give me such a bokeh but something quite similar to that will be fast prime lens. I am not talking about Canon 135mm f2.0 or Canon 85mm f1.2 but more and more cheaper lens. On the market you can find cheap lenses but they are not compatible with DSLR cameras. Also I wanted to obtain Samyang / Polar / Vivitar 85mm f1.4 for Pentax, but after consideration of DOF effect on Full Frame camera I am about to get it for Canon. Also I can use it manually with help of adapter on my Pentax K-7. Price for this lens is not that high. You can find it for 254 USD. If you want to get cleaning kit with lens this time price goes up to 265 USD.  On E-Bay I found this lens for Canon EOS cameras just for 150 USD. Price is really good but I dont know if its better choice than Canon EF 85mm f1.8 . Manual Focus vs Auto Fokus is a dilemma for me. Also I want to share with you photos taken with FF camera and Samyang 85mm f1.4. I hope that you will help me to make a choice with you comments.






No comments:

Post a Comment